About the Museum of Samoa
The Museum of Samoa was established in 1999 at the Old Court House that was once in Apia. In 2008, it was moved to its current location at another century old German School Building in Malifa, Apia. The Museum of Samoa is Samoa’s national museum owns by the government of Samoa under the umbrella of the Ministry of Education, Sports and Culture.
Since the establishment of the museum, its strategic goal serves to acquire, preserve, safeguard, promote and interpret the material and intangible history and culture of Samoa. Its key priorities include the safeguarding of Samoa’s measina (heritage) through enhancing its collection and on-going programmes to sustain engagement work with schools, communities and partners.
The Old Court House in Apia (1902)
At present 2020 (demolished in May 2020)
The current Museum building in Malifa